Sunday, January 10, 2010

8, 9, 10: A big fat hen!

Ok, I was actually supposed to blog days 8 and 9 together because 10 is the one I wanted to use to rant but the days have caught up with me so we improvise, my friend..
The bad thing about taking one's time to blog is that I tend to forget what the mood at the time was. So, I'll be relying on the pictures to refresh my memory, so to speak. Heh.

Day 8

Yet another lazy day. A point emphasised by my very messy drawer top here. Ooh and white, crocheted bag makes another appearance! Yay. Mom gave me that red wallet for Christmas because she knows I love Domo-kun and the wallet itself is so cute, even if I don't fancy using such chunky wallets. Heh. And the calender I got at some university open day is what I've been using to tick off my days here.

Day 9
'4 hour walk day' about sums this one up. What can I say..my family loves food but I guess it's only fair that we love the outdoors as much. We started the walk by parking our car at Spit Bridge (yes, that's really what it's called) and then walking to Manly. There were many scenic spots like this one dotted along the walk, unfortunately the heat marred it. Almost everytime we stopped to enjoy the view, I'd have to move on after about 5 seconds cause the heat was searing!
Solar power was never more efficient for my speedwalking.

And this was also the day I took my first full dip into Australian waters. I'd been yearning to eversince I saw the gorgeous clear water but always forgot my swimsuit or was wearing sports shoes. This time round I got smart and brought along my trusty flip flops! Although the smarter thing to do would've been to just wear them there but nooooo 'it's a long walk' they said.

Still, it was a very enjoyable if tiring day - we stopped so often that four hours became all day plus lunch. :)

Day 10

On to less beautiful things.
A scab I got a week before Christmas on the family holiday.
It's healing nicely now though I know it still looks gross. But it also makes me think of what's going on in my home country right now because the wounds go much deeper than what's currently happening and unlike my scabs which will heal in say another week or so, these wounds were festering under the scabs that have now been peeled back to reveal the sore. I seem to have lost the picture though, so I can't post it. All for the best, I suppose.. one less disgusting scab picture for the Internetdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment