Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7: Chocolato~


And I thought simply taking a picture a day was going to be less work. Damn you, whatever OCD personality that lives in my brain!

Yes, I am aware that this is the third time I'm putting up food pictures but what the hey, some live to eat and some eat to live. The point is, we all eat. So, while normally all I'd do is slap on the watermark and date onto the pictures, these handmade chocolates cannot be done that simple injustice like that.

My mother was just lamenting that we forgot to break out the box and eat them in celebration of the new year, which I think was my intention when I bought them on a trip to Leura with my aunt and her friends a few days before the new year. But we had that cherry chocolate cake on that night too and I believe we were stuffed. No points for guessing if we live to eat or eat to live.

Leura is apparently known for these chocolates and no wonder. The flavours they come up with and the smooth texture of each piece makes it worth the treat if you happen to drop by there. We, unfortunately, couldn't sit at their cafe to sip hot chocolate on that cold misty day as their cafe was closed. :(

Still, no harm eating them today...we can always commemorate having another day together as a family, enjoying something we all love. The simple things need not be overlooked all the time after all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girls, just a little something here :) Scroll to the bottom of the page til you see your blog's name (yes, can ignore my ramblings before that)

    http://spiltteh.blogspot.com/2010/03/flaps-hands.html

    Keep up the great work!~ =D

    ReplyDelete